Thursday, February 07, 2008

Oh boy, Here we go!

We have a move date. We will be moving into our new home on Feb. 16th. Yeah! I am getting pretty excited. We have been able to take boxes and other things over there already, but the 16th will be for all our big stuff. I really want to make our new house a home. The Lord is always so good and He has been showing me some stuff about myself and in my life that needs to change. Changing these things will help to make our home a place where the Lord is the boss and then on down. I haven't always been the best wife at not complain about decisions that my sweet husband has made. He is so kind and when making a big decision considers my thoughts and opinions. In that though I sometimes tell him what I think we should do and then, if we don't do it my way, I pout or whatever. Thankfully after reading Heather's blog on submission and with a book that I have been reading, and with verses that have been coming up, the Lord has gotten my attention. When I pout or get all huffy because my husband didn't do things or pick out the things for our home that I would have, that doesn't really help to give him the confidence he needs to lead our home. We have been having to get some things for our new home, like a mattress for Jack's new race car bed, a new fridge, possible newer windows for some of the rooms. Anyway, Josh has been taking such initiative on getting stuff done and picking stuff out. I like to pick things out, I like them to be the things that I have seen and said yes, this is what I want. But, the Lord has been working on my heart and telling me that it's not about me and what I want. I need to be thankful that I have a husband who is stepping out there and making decisions, getting stuff done so we can move in and enjoy our new home. It is awesome to see my husband getting stuff done. He went and ordered the fridge, got the mattresses ordered and is working on the window situation. Why have I wanted to take such control? Why have I wanted it to be my way or no way? I don't know, sin. I want to be the kind of wife whose husband can wake up confident knowing that his wife will stand beside his desicions, big and small. My husband is amazingly caring and loving, and a wonderful daddy to our children. He really tries to be the kind of husband and father that the Lord wants him to be. He is so good to me, may I always be thankful. I want to be the kind of wife and mommy that the Lord wants me to be. Lord, please continue to change and mold my heart to be like Jesus. It's scary to ask, but I know that following Jesus is better than any temporary reward from this earth. Please help me to consider others better than myself, even in traffic and the grocery store.

Okay, that took a little turn. Back to moving. We should have some more pics of the new house up soon. It's a cozy older home in a tiny little town. We have already met our neighbors to our left. People our there are really friendly. Bella and Jack are SOOO excited to get our dog Ace back. He has been living at my sisters house. We aren't aloud to have fences where we are now, and that was hard for him and us. Anyway, we will also get to put our trampoline up outside. I am very excited about that! We can't have those up here where we are now. But we can at our new home.

Well, time to get kids to bed. Hopefully we will get pics up soon.

1 comment:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

So good. Thank you for sharing your heart Sarah and for allowing God to work in it, He will bless your obedience.

Give those babies a big hug!!!

Miss you.