Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sad Moving Train

A couple of weekends ago we went to Oklahoma City to visit Josh's mom and stepdad. It was nice to get to visit them. The babies have so much fun with them and Jack loves his Papa. But, we only get to see them a couple of times a year or so. On the way back home Josh and I were talking about how it would be nice to be closer to our families. Currently we are 6 hours from OK City, 3 hours from Ft. Worth, and about 8-9 hours from Pampa. We do get to see my family much more often then Josh's, but it would still be nice to live closer. My sister is going to have her second child and it would be nice to be close enough to help her with my nephew. So for fun we were like, what's the first big town we come to when we get back into Texas. It was Gainsville. So, when we got back Josh called the Citibank up there to see if they had any jobs open. They said no, but Decatur does. So he got in touch with them and they told him to keep checking to see when they post the job.

Well, yesterday Josh called me and said I have a job up there if I want it. So, he starts on April 2. Crazy fast!!! I am excited to be closer to our families, but so sad about leaving our family here. We love our church family so much and love serving with them. They are an amazing group of believers and I have learned so much. If I think about this part of leaving too much I may get cold feet about moving. We have been praying for some time for an opportunity to live closer to our families. We asked the Lord to open or close doors. Josh had applied at a Citibank in Ft. Worth and in Amarillo a while ago, but didn't get transferred.

So, I am trusting the Lord with this. I know that He will work out the details of where we are supposed to live. Do we take our trailer or leave it here? Where will we put it? Ect, Ect, Ect...... I want to just have faith and I know that God will take care of us. He always does and he has the DVD to our lives. I know that He has already seen this part of our lives, I just have to trust Him.

I love our home here. I love our neighbors, I love the pretty flowers in the flowerbed, I love our church family, I love our friends here, I love our hope group, I love the sweet college students we have gotten to know. I love the Dollar Spot and the library. Hopefully they have a target fairly close by. I love Fridays with other moms and their children. I really love our church family. How are we ever going to find a new church? These are the kind of thoughts that get my eyes off trusting the Lord. Today is Wednesday and we usually have hope group on Wednesday. Bella said today, "Our friends coming over?" She loves everyone that comes over for hope group. Recently she has gotten to play with Kaylynn S. and has really enjoyed that. I am so gonna miss everyone. I know the babies will too.

I moved down here in 98' to go to A&M. That was nine years ago. I'll be 27 in June, so that is like a third of my life. So weird, so crazy!

I know it will be good. I think that we will be better able to minister to our family being closer. Josh will be able to develop a better relationship with our brother-in-laws. I am so excited about my sister having a baby! It will be her second child. And itwill be fun for Bella and Jack to play with my nephew much more often. Also, I have a sister who is almost 16, so it will be nice to be closer to her. She's will be getting her license soon, that is a little scary!

We are so blessed to have been a part of such a wonderful, biblical body of believers. We will miss the fellowship, but I know the Lord will provide. Well, I could ramble for a while, but I better get to bed.

I am so thankful for blogs, staying in touch will be much easier. Maybe I can get high-tech and get some pictures on here. Bella thought it was so cool to see a picture of Ashton on the computer one time. : )

7 comments:

bekah said...

I'm going to go cry now and look up Decatur on a map and see how long it will take me to drive there.

You will be sorely missed.

<3 Bekah

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I am so happy for the opportunity God is giving you. I am sad to see you go, but God will bless your obedience.
You are such a wonderful family and I will always think of Jack on St. Patty'd day.
You better keep up your blog with picures and come and visit!!
Love you guys
Kathryn

Hendrick Family said...

Thank goodness for blogs! I've said that 100 times as so many people leave this town. What a joy it is to keep up with them after they are gone...complete with pictures and everything!

We will miss you, but I can't wait to see what God will do through your family in some other town. Big things! I'm sure of it!!

The Campbell Clan said...

Thanks for the encouragement! We love all you guys! I will learn how to get pictures on here and try to keep it updated. And Kathryn, I will always think of Michael on St. Patrick's Day. Did he have a good birthday?
Sarah

Karen said...

Awww I am so sad to see yall go, but yea for the opportunity to be with and minister to your families. I will miss that precious Bella!
Karen

sdfs said...

I missed Jack in class last Sunday so much!! I'm sad I won't get to see his huge smiles anymore, but I am happy for ya'll!! I'll be praying for you!

The Campbell Clan said...

Thanks Halei! We will be there this Sunday and probably the rest of the month until we find a place to live up there. I'm glad that he has such loving and caring and awesome teachers in the nursery! Thank you for serving back there.
Sarah :)