Thursday, May 17, 2007

Denton, TX...Home Sweet Home

Howdy all! Josh speaking here. I just wanted to give a quick update on our living situation, and since no one seems to read my blog :( I'll post it here. Don't worry, soon Sarah will be able to post from the comfort of our own room...next Monday, hopefully. Anyway, this is the haps:

The company moved our trailer out of College Station officially on Tuesday. (The took it out of our old lot on Monday, but parked it since it was such a long haul up there.) Tuesday night, we unloaded some of the U-Haul, and unloaded the rest on Wednesday morning. We drove to Sherman to drop it off. (Some sort of rate deal, don't ask why Sherman, I don't know.) We've spent the last few days hanging out at Sue's (Sarah's mom) waiting for water and electricity.

As of Friday, we had water. As of Tuesday, we had juice. We found out we had electricity yesterday when I went up and flipped some switches. So, we spent last night in our old home, new location. I can't speak for Sarah, but I love it! It's a beautiful lot. As soon as we figure out how to take the pictures and post them here, you'll all get to see it.
The kids are excited. Our new lot is double the size of our old one. Lots of room for the kiddos to play. And Bella especially is excited to finally be at her home again, sleeping in her own room. She's been asking all week when we get to go home.

We still have a lot to do. Gotta build a porch, set up skirting, put up some blinds, and unpack, unpack, unpack. It may be a bit until we are completely settled...but at least we are now well on our way.

Some other news: I may be getting a promotion. There is a position called Personal Banker (basically new accounts with added responsibilities) that just opened up in Decatur. I've already had an interview with the FCM (financial center manager) and the Sales Integration guy. I still have to be interview by the Area Manager, and if he green lights me, I have to take tests to get licensed in Investments and Insurance. Once that happens, I'll begin training for the new position. So be praying for this. If I get the job, (and I feel that I will) it will definitely be an answer to prayer. In order to move, we had to take out a loan. The lot that we moved to is $80 more a month. Our budget for vehicular gas will double as I have to commute 45 min each way to work. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to take a second job to pay the bills. But if I get this position, the base salary is more than I make now, and with the product and service things that a part of it, I get commission on, which has the potential of doubling my salary if I do well and push hard.

The cool thing is, I would have never gotten a position like this at my branch in CS. I've applied for a position a couple of times, and never heard back. This one, I'm practically being ushered into with my new managers really excited about me doing the job. It's awesome!

Anyway, rambled enough...more as things progress.

7 comments:

Williams Family said...

We are so excited for y'all! We miss y'all so much! We are praying for y'all.

Love,
Justin and Ana and the girls

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

How exciting for you. I know this move will be a blessing for you.
We sure do miss you guys.
Keep us updated on everything going on.

Carpio Family said...

Yea!! your setting up. We do miss you like crazy, But i know this is what God has shown you. We'll be praying for you.

The Campbell Clan said...

We miss you all of you guys! It is so weird going to other churches and wondering what's going on at our church. We love all of you and are excited to stay in touch. We saw a car like the Carpio's the other day and Josh said Who's car does that remind you of? I'm sad to leave all our sweet friends/family. We are closer to family up here and that is nice. We still don't have a land line, but when we do I will be able to blog and email more.
Know that you all are still in our thoughts and prayers. Praise the Lord the move went really well!
Sarah

melody said...

Sarah,

Call me I don't have your new number...missing you guys like crazy!

Love,
Melody

pbmciver said...

Hi Josh and Sara - we miss seeing you guys at church. We had so much fun playing that game at your house before you left Josh. For some reason I thought ya'll were moving up around Washington, lol. Well, at least you are not "that" far away and maybe sometime you can come and visit LH. I am glad things are working out for you all. Josh, how did the possible promotion go? I hope it all went well. I will keep you guys in my prayers. Love, Paula, Warren and the clan

The Campbell Clan said...

The promotion is going well. I have to pass a test to get licensed for health and life insurance. Once I do that, it's a done deal.

We miss all of you terribly. If you are ever up this way...stop by.