Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fellowship and Crafts

Today we had a nice relaxing day. We went to church in the morning. It was really good. They are going through the book of Romans and we're in chapter 12. Today we were talking about the church and the different members and each member is important and has a place they are needed. Not just needed, a specific function and gift that they get to be a part of the body with. The teaching is really good. In two weeks they have a membership class, so we will look forward to going and checking it out. I so want to plug in with other believers. When he was talking about believer's each coming together with their own gift and serving, it made me think of Living Hope. What a beautiful picture of people using what the Lord has given them and serving to reach others for Christ.

We have seen here the many ways you can let the Lord use you in your own neighborhood. It has been awesome to get to know our neighbors and spend time getting to know them better. But there is something about serving along side other believers that I miss. I guess it takes time to build relationships. Once they start the community groups (hope groups) again we'll get to meet some new people and get to join in the awesome stuff that happens in a small group again. I can't wait!!!! We have so many sweet friends we miss and miss getting to share our lives closely with. I'm excited about the new friends we'll get to meet here though.

Okay, so yesterday I got to go to Micheal's all by myself. Micheal's is like a hobby lobby. Very big, many crafty things to do. I love doing crafty things. I don't do them as much as I used to, but it is so fun for me. I went in there to look for stuff for a door hanger for my mother-in-law. She saw our welcome sign on our door when they were here and said she liked it and wouldn't mind having one like it. That was a nice compliment. So here I go to Micheal's with a purpose of creating a door hanger. It was so much fun! Overwhelming, but fun. I stood there and was like where do I even start. Thankfully what I needed was not far from the entrance. I thought about calling Josh and telling him I was lost in the store and needed help to get out. They had so many fun things, and inexpensive stuff. A lot of their kid's crafts were on sale. It was very hard to get out of that store. I saw scrapbooking stuff, fun things for my sister's baby shower coming up, plenty of fun things for the welcome sign. It was a nice trip to a fun store. I got to come home and once the kids were in bed and things were settled, I got to work on the welcome sign. It was nice. And it didn't turn out too bad.

I love living in a neighborhood where you get to meet and know your neighbors. We spent some time outside this evening and it is was nice. I'm finding my neighbor across the street and I have a lot of interests in common. We will hopefully start walking together soon. Not that I really like exercise or anything, but it is much easier to be committed to it with someone else. Then there is a little girl down the street who comes to visit her grandparents and she always wants to play with Bella and Jack. Also there is a boy across the street who has been coming over to play, he doesn't speak English. Guess we need to start learning Spanish.

Well, my husband is almost finished with his new Harry Potter book. I haven't ever read them, but I would like to know what happens to Harry Potter. Does he live or die? That seems to be the big question. So, I guess I'll go find out.

No comments: