Thursday, July 05, 2007

My Daughter, The Evangelist

So we were playing down the street with the neighbors grandkids the other day. Isabella was jumping on the trampoline with them, being uncharacteristically quiet, when all of the sudden, this happened:

Isabella: Sit down everyone. I have to tell you a story.

(Amazingly enough, every kid on the trampoline sat down and gave her their full attention. She stood in front of them, poking her toe on the trampoline, and lookind down demurely. Then, she looked up at them and said:)

"Jesus died on the cross. And He wants to live in your heart."

She got really quiet, smiled, shrugged, and went back to jumping. The rest of the kids got up and started playing as well. It was like nothing happened.

I heard the other kids dad say something behind me to his dad. I turned around and said, "What was that?"

He looked me full in the eyes and replied, "My kids can come play with your kids anytime."

As if I wasn't proud enough...

You know, despite everything else that seems to be going on right now...at least that much is right.

2 comments:

Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling [a] together;
and a little child will lead them.
Isaiah 11:6

No matter what is going on in your life, you still have Peace and praise God He will use a child to show you that!!

Way to go Bella...keep on preaching!!

Hendrick Family said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! Aren't kids wonderful?

Heather