Monday, July 09, 2007

It's been a while

So, we've had the internet now for almost a month and this is my first post. Pretty sad I know. My husband was right in his post. I was kind of afraid of just complaing about all the many adventures we have had since we moved here. See, now they are adventures, not all the things that have gone wrong. Thankfully the mice are gone. Except the many that live out in the woods right next to our lot. Our hot water heater got fixed, which we totally saw the Lord's hand in. Our neighbor, another believer, helped Josh fix it for free! That's a lot cheaper than the $800 labor charges from other plumbers.

We like the church we have been going to and are looking forward to plugging in. They have a membership class, but the next one is not until August. I miss Living Hope like crazy. Let me just say worship at Living Hope is amazing and so beautiful! The worship at our new church is different, but the Lord is teaching me a large part of worship is where your heart is. The first Sunday that we were there they were sitting down and singing the songs on the screen. (That doesn't happen every Sunday.) I was like what is up with this! How in the world are you supposed to get into worship like this? Aren't we supposed to be standing at least? During my time of grumbling and complaining about not standing up to worship the Lord quitely spoke to my heart and said, "You can worship me whether you are sitting or standing. But right now your attitude does not reflect worship at all." That was pretty humbling. But it helped me to see all the other amazing things about this church and not get hung up on one little thing. The next Sunday they had everyone stand and worship :)

I am so longing to get plugged in with other believers. Their community groups start up in the fall and I'm excited about that. And Bella will get to go to AWANA in the fall. I am super exited about that. It's funny, I always looked forward to her getting to go to AWANA, but with the awesome Mr. Ken and Mrs Cindy and all her little friends from the nursery. Will there really be people as amazing as them loving on our three year old? I know there will be, but we'll miss ya'll.

Today was my first time to babysit some kids down the street. It was a little rough. The baby is only a year old and has never been with anyone except his mom and dad. So, he cried most of the time, except for when he finally fell asleep. I felt so helpless. There is another three year old boy and a five year old. Oh, and they don't speak English. Their mom rarely speaks to them in English, but the oldest boy can understand it. So, that made things interesting. I really wish I would have taken that Spanish class when it was offered. You never know when the Lord might have you use it. I will be watching them for about a month to two months til they can put them in child care. I am so nervous and am not sure I can do it everyday. I prayed a lot thoughout the day. The kids were really pretty good together for the most part. Maybe after a while the baby will get adjusted. I've never done this, so I'm not really sure what is normal and what to do. I would welcome any suggestions. I want to be able to help this family, but at the same time I don't know if I could do this everyday. I know that the Lord could stretch me and grow me through this. Maybe that's what He might be doing. In light of eternity, what is a couple of months. And, I'm not sure if they are believers or not, so it would be cool to get to share Jesus with them. The oldest boy is so sweet and helpful, and funny. Him and Bella get along pretty well. I told them earlier when they were playing with playdough they were being silly, silly, silly. The next thing the little boy says is silly, silly, silly. Then, Bella started calling me what they call me. It's a name in Spanish that their mom said means Mrs. It was pretty funny. Oh, I found out part of the reason the baby was so fussy is that he is majorly teething. So I guess after a while it will get better. But for now we all get to learn a new language. It is insane how fast kids pick up new languages.

It has been nice to be closer to our families. We have gotten to see them a whole lot more.
Well, now that I have written a book, I better go do something else. Hopefully, I'll blog again soon and it won't be quite so long.

5 comments:

Williams Family said...

Sarah,
We miss y'all too! It is great to hear that y'all are doing well. Please e-mail me with your new address. I hope you can post pictures of bella and jack for us. Just remember to have fun with the kids you are taking care of. This summer I have been watching my niece and nephew. And I just have to remember to let them be kids and have fun with him. Anyways keep us updated!

Love ya,
Ana

Melodi said...

I kept two extra kids for a year, back when we only had four kids - ha! I highly suggest a routine. Make a little flexible schedule that you hang somewhere as a reminder to yourself. Include outside play, free play, circle time (songs, fingerplays, counting), story time, lunch, naps, video (maybe two 30-minute videos at separate times), and make a list for yourself that you keep adding to constantly of things to do when they are bored - like play dough, water play, puzzles, save lots of empty containers of all shapes and sizes and have them fill them with sand or water in a kiddie pool or whatever, blocks (an often overlooked activity), cars (make tracks in the sand), bubbles, musical instruments (could be handmade), hokey pokey, etc. You will be shocked at how many things you can list over time. This list will save your life when you're going stir crazy!

Love you!

Melodi

The Campbell Clan said...

Thank you guys so much for the input. The boys are really sweet. Nap time was the hardest time the couple of times I've had them so far. The baby has never slept in a crib or bed by himself. He will fall asleep with his brother holding him, but I really want to try to get him to sleep in the pack and play. They don't take naps at their house or have a rest time, so that has been the roughest part. Thanks for ya'lls encouragement.
Love you guys,
sarah

Carrie Williams said...

Sarah,
I don't know how all of you mommies have time to blog and do it w/o losing your minds with your kids!!!! Anyways, that's why I don't post a lot but I wanted you to know you've been on my mind and we miss ya'll so much!!! Jonathan and I were just talking about you and Josh at lunch today. Love seeing your updates!
Carrie

The Campbell Clan said...

Hey Carrie! We miss you guys too! How are ya'll? How is life in the Houston area? I can't believe that Jayln is three now. I saw Ana's blog with all the cousins. It was so cute. What is your email address?
I hope to one day get pictures on our blog too. That would be cool. Well, I better get.
Sarah